Senior Recruiting Program Manager - Hiring Experience
Samsara, Seattle, WA
See jobs at Samsara
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the Role:
The Senior Recruiting Program Manager - Hiring Experience is a new role on the growing Global Recruiting Operations & Programs at Samsara. This team develops, optimizes, and scales all things related to hiring in close partnership with the recruiting leadership team and stakeholders across the business. We’re a curious and collaborative team with expertise in navigating ambiguity and driving for clarity. Samsara is growing and evolving quickly creating an exciting opportunity for our team’s scope to grow, evolve, and continue to deliver value to the business over time.
We’re looking for a Senior Recruiting Program Manager to scale the end-to-end hiring experience creating standard hiring practices, robust interview training, and a best-in-class candidate experience.
In this role, you will:
Manage all aspects of Samsara’s hiring manager & interviewer experience:
- Define, develop, and implement innovative, scalable solutions that improve efficiency across the recruiting process and yield quality hires (ie. competency-based structured interviews, prebriefs, debriefs)
- Partner with our Senior DEI Recruiting PM to reduce bias in our hiring process and implement objective and inclusive solutions
- Design and manage all aspects of Samsara’s interview training and certification program
- Drive the creation and management of relevant training paths, ensuring new managers and interviewers are trained
- Partner with cross-functional partners to understand hiring demands, impact on interviewer capacity, and plan accordingly with recruiting and business leads
- Build strong relationships with hiring leaders across the organization to gather feedback regularly
- Track and analyze hiring manager feedback to draw insights and make improvements
Manage all aspects of Samsara’s candidate experience journey:
- Design and implement the Samsara Candidate Journey
- Identify, design, and drive candidate experience initiatives and process improvements
- Track and analyze candidate feedback to draw insights and make improvements
Manage global programs at scale:
- Lead and manage large-scale, organization-wide projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization, and close
- Partner with Recruiting Leadership, Recruiting Ops & Programs, Business Operations, and the broader People team to develop, implement, and maintain programs
- Regularly report on project progress and program metrics
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- You have 10+ years of experience in recruiting with 4+ years of experience defining, developing, launching, and leading large-scale programs at a global company with a focus on enablement, L&D, or similar.
- You’re humble and like to win as a team. You’re resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- You’re a strategic thinker and a problem solver that’s naturally curious. You can connect the dots and have experience translating business challenges and questions into creative solutions, using data and insights.
- You’re a strong collaborator with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. You have experience communicating and consulting with internal teams and cross-functional partners across geographies and cultures to influence change and achieve impact at scale.
- You operate well with ambiguity and proactively manage multiple shifting priorities. You have the ability to maintain organization and control in a fast-paced environment with a relentless focus on delivering timely results.
- You’re savvy with tools and systems. You’re experienced in Google Suite. You’re skilled in Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel as well as a data visualization tool (we use Tableau). You’re also proficient in working with an applicant tracking system (we use Greenhouse), HRIS system (we use Workday), a learning management system (we use Docebo), and a training content creation tool (we use Articulate).
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.