Payments Risk & Outsourcing Analyst
Airbnb, United Kingdom
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
To power the global Airbnb community, we are building a world-class payments platform - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, and processes billions of dollars per year for all of Airbnb’s business units. As the platform grows, we’ll be adding new payment partners, establishing licensed payments companies around the world, and building innovative payment experiences and financial products for our guests and hosts. Our goal? To create a future where transparent, simple, and familiar payment solutions can empower people, entrepreneurs and communities on our global marketplace.
As the Payments Risk & Outsourcing Analyst, you will report to the Managing Director, and will be responsible for efficiently running the day to day risk operations of Airbnb Payments UK (APUK). You will be working closely with a small team of highly motivated, engaged and empowered people. We are looking for someone who can bring their own personality and energy, who wants to enjoy their work and who is confident in their ability. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to continue to grow and develop.
You will work with the Managing Director to:
- Build and Own daily Risk Management - Define and own your deliverables. You will drive prioritization locally and influence Airbnb Payments product, risk and operations functions. You will build engagement with stakeholders, identifying and proactively addressing risks and escalating roadblocks for remediation as needed.
- Enterprise Risk Management - Utilise and maintain the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework to ensure all aspects of risk are tracked and reported. Develop new reporting structures to help communicate key risks and opportunities for improvement. Provide regular updates from the ERM to the APUK Board and other leadership teams.
- Manage Outsourcing Risk - Create strong relationships with Airbnb Payments Partnership and Product teams. Establish clear lines of communication with the teams managing 3rd party providers. Ensure outsourcing service levels are defined, regularly reported and maintained.
- Build Domain Knowledge - Gain sufficient subject matter expertise to become APUK’s subject matter expert on all matters relating to payments risk. Coordinate with stakeholders to deliver on initiatives and drive discussions and conclusions in the best interest of Airbnb Payments.
- Manage through influence - Build relationships with and actively manage key stakeholders both internally and externally to help mitigate the highest identified risk items for APUK.
- 5+ years of experience in multiple aspects of risk management, including but not limited to Outsourcing Risk, Product Risk, Market Risk, Finance Risk and Fraud Risk, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in payments or the financial services industry
- Experience in developing and managing operational risk management frameworks for fast moving companies
- Problem solving mindset; solutions-oriented
- High level of comfort with ambiguity, in a fast moving environment
- Self awareness and the ability to make sound and well-balanced judgements when necessary
- Ability to learn quickly and embrace change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done, be an individual contributor
- Bachelor Degree or other advanced degree level in related fields
- Certifications in Fraud or Enterprise Risk Management or operations/process improvement
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Analytical approach to measuring / optimizing performance
- A background in management consulting would be an asset
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Airbnb provides a highly flexible working environment which allows you to work wherever you wish in the UK, subject to being available for team events periodically.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.