Lead Technical Recruiter
Okta, United States
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta Recruiting is re-imagining how recruiting is done. Our vision, why we exist, is “Connect the Best Talent with Okta. Everywhere.” How do we do this? The recruiting team, and the partners we enable, identify, and acquire the world’s best talent via the Okta Talent Ecosystem. Once identified, we create engaging experiences for the talent we want to hire today (qualified and ready-now), while nurturing relationships with the talent we want to hire tomorrow (qualified and ready-later). We are investing in creating the best customer experiences, building a marketing team, a tech stack inclusive of automation tools and finding, growing and developing the best recruiting talent to join our team.
This role will primarily focus on full-cycle recruitment for our Engineering Teams. You will be responsible for closely partnering with our Engineering leadership to build and execute strategies that attract the very best engineering talent. There will be a focus on helping to create great experiences for candidates and our internal business partners alike. We look for our Recruiters to be trusted advisors to our hiring managers, source and deliver top customer facing talent and have an “always recruiting” mindset.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to keep pace in a highly fluid, ever-changing, collaborative workplace. You must also have excellent communication skills in order to engage the attention of our experienced leadership team and influence/respond to complexities with a high level of technical acumen. We are disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry – are you ready to join us?
We are disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry – are you ready to join us?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will own full cycle recruiting efforts supporting engineering leaders to identify the world’s top engineering talent
- Develop sourcing and recruiting strategies that deliver key results for your hiring teams
- Use data and metrics reporting to drive continuous process and strategy improvement
- Create strategies that influence and attract the right talent to join at the right time
- Operate as a Talent Partner through consultation, applying best practices to optimize for the best hiring decision
- Advise hiring partners on strategies to address talent gaps and future talent needs
- When needed, challenge assumptions & influence hiring stakeholders to so ensure an objective process is completed, and the best hire is made for the organization
- 2+ years of experience recruiting top technical talent for a fast-paced, high growth companies
- Experience recruiting technical roles across various industries including enterprise & consumer products
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to learn and execute against innovative sourcing strategies
- Ability to learn and leverage stellar negotiation skills
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for candidate experience at each step of the recruitment process
- Model the behaviors of a true team player and be a guardian of the Okta culture
Education and Certification:
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Agency and industry recruiting experience preferred
(Colorado, New York City and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $103,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.