Technical Sourcer - Engineering
Elastic, United States
Solving World Data Problems
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is looking for an exceptional Technical Sourcer / Researcher. Elastic's Sourcers are embedded in the regional recruiting teams and are a key member of the search for our technical roles across all product lines. We look for needles in a needle stack and have direct impact on the candidate hiring experience. We partner - providing recruiters and managers with critical data and information and captain informed and productive searches. We find extraordinary engineering talent all around the globe and ensure the right searches, reach outs and conversations drive our overall candidate search strategy.
What you will be doing:
- Become the candidate pipeline authority - Sourcers know where to go, who to engage and how to create a strong employment value proposition
- Build a sourcing plan, creative reach outs that really showcase the opportunity, and Elastic's brand. Be a full partner in the process. We do not hand a candidate off like a relay race. We are about working together, not about who holds the baton.
- Learn our stack - build relationships with our engineers and managers so that you can drive for excellence in outreach - open doors with prospective engineers versus burning them.
- Track and understand meaningful metrics for your activity and pipeline, and actively share your progress with peers and hiring teams. Our team is about finding and engaging the very best from diverse backgrounds, our sourcers aren't measured against hires.
What you will bring along:
- 2+years' of strategic sourcing/ research experience. You love to find candidates and have a creative, thoughtful and unique way of doing so. Engineers respond to your reach outs - and your pulse quickens when they do. A "not yet" response is not a "no" and staying in touch is not being pushy.
- You have experience with LinkedIn Recruiter, SeekOut, Github, Stack and other candidate identification tools and your day isn't complete without writing beautiful and brilliant boolean strings. Reach-outs are strategic and personal, your drip campaigns aren't a drag.
- Thinking big. Our distributed model means we use the "Location" search field a lot less often and the focus is on candidate skills and potential contribution versus where they live in the world.
- Influence - encourage our recruiters and hiring managers to consider green squirrels because they bring a different skill or point of view to the purple ones.
- Curiosity drives the search -from profile viewing to asking critical questions of the hiring manager. Our sourcers lead source-a-thons, hiring events and other creative ways to look at driving top of funnel.
- You had an opinion about this job description. You are able to bring your candidate and industry knowledge to the entire employment branding experience. Elastic sourcers know what works or are committed to finding that out.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Recruiting Jobs For You
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, Thousand Oaks California, US
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, West Chester Ohio, US