Samsara, Denver, CO
See jobs at Samsara
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Emerging Talent Recruiting team plays an integral role in connecting Samsara with early career and emerging talent communities. The team manages Samsara’s Intern and New Grad recruitment programs and will build future emerging talent recruitment programs. We are looking for an Emerging Talent Recruiter that will represent Samsara with the emerging talent community and help us scale the program significantly. You’ll report to the Head of Emerging Talent Recruiting, can be based anywhere in the US, and are willing to travel up to 20%. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about emerging talent recruiting, has scaled similar programs in previous roles, and is excited to build upon the foundation of Samsara’s program.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with university career centers, faculty, student leaders, and organization leaders to position Samsara as an employer of choice
- Develop recruitment marketing strategies and content to increase brand awareness in partnership with our Talent Brand team
- Research, plan and execute on-campus and virtual recruitment efforts that attract top talent and set Samsara apart
- Partner with leaders across the organization to understand their emerging talent needs and develop recruitment strategies to attract and hire top talent
- Recruit both technical and non-technical interns and new grads into a variety of open positions
- Oversee and improve existing emerging talent programs such as the internship program and new grad rotational programs
- Contribute to building future emerging talent programs, for example, veteran recruiting programs, return to work programs, apprenticeships, and training programs
- Ensure data integrity and program accountability with a focus on regular reporting of key metric and using data to adjust strategies and influence change
- Bring a continuous improvement approach to ensure we’re operating as efficiently as possible while providing an excellent candidate experience
- Apply a lens for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to all strategies, processes, and programs
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 5+ years of experience in Recruiting with 3+ years of direct university recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment (technical recruiting experience is a plus!)
- Proven ability in attracting both passive and active candidates across Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. programs
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple competing priorities with a sense of urgency and flexibility
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Working knowledge of effective interview and selection processes
- Experience with an ATS and recruiting tools (we use Greenhouse, Untapped, and CodeSignal currently)
- Ability to travel 4 - 8 weeks/year to represent Samsara on campus and in the community. Travel with be primarily domestic with potential for international
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.