ecobee, Remote in Canada
See jobs at ecobee
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto with offices in Toronto, Canada and Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
This role is open to being 100% remote within Canada although our home office is in Toronto, Ontario.
Who You'll Be Joining
As we continue to expand our customer base this job will be ever evolving. You’ll be joining a dynamic group of 6 Recruiters, 2 Coordinators and 1 Sourcer on the Recruitment Team, so we’re looking for someone attracted to collaboration and eager to make an impact! We are a close and supportive team who are passionate about what we do. We love recruitment and ecobee is a great environment for anyone looking to be valued as a subject matter expert.
How You'll Make an Impact
As a Talent Sourcer, your focus will be on attracting talent across the organization through direct sourcing, marketing campaigns and employer branding strategies.
This role will have you working with hiring teams and Recruiters across the organization to fill key roles. You’ll be learning our stacks, values and culture so you may strategically craft your sourcing plans and creative outreach.
What makes this role unique is the large focus on Employer Branding! You will research, build, and grow an ecobee talent community, develop our sponsorship strategy and collaborate with our internal Marketing team to convey our employer value proposition on digital channels.
We are proud of our team and our recruitment processes and the foundation we have built, but are eager to become even better as we grow our sourcing function and have a point person for Employer Branding.
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Experience partnering closely with recruiters and hiring managers to build a pipeline of candidates
- Your previous experience working in-house at a technical company allows you to knowledgeably speak to a wide variety of technical experts in order to identify top tier talent
- You have in-depth knowledge of the talent market in Canada (Bonus points for USA and UK)
- You already know that recruiting is not a volume game or a sales gig, it’s about smart people, honest conversations, and real relationships
- On that note, if you could have gotten a degree in “The Art of Wooing” you would have, building relationships and networking is kind of your thing
- You’re passionate about knowledge and find yourself researching new talent sourcing channels and creative ways to attract and engage with potentials
- “Let’s check the metrics” is your motto, as you see value in tracking and reviewing critical data to improve the recruitment process and set goals
- You understand the importance of providing a stellar and consistent experience for all candidates
- You have experience with building and sharing culture through effective employer branding efforts whether that be events, campaigns or social media posts.
- You're hyper organized and enjoy a fast-paced environment where you’re sourcing several roles concurrently.
- You have experience with a modern ATS (Bonus points if that’s Greenhouse)
- Hold a familiarity with recruitment tools (Bonus points for Gem & Goodtime)
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with our Sr Sourcer, Matt Cole (https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewcole93/)
- A first-round virtual interview with a couple folks from the team– expect technical, behavioural and situational questions.
- If your first round interview goes well, you can expect a final interview video interview. For this interview we will provide you with the questions ahead of time so that you may structure your answers as they are long-answer questions that require some prep.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, grow with our quarterly hackathons, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Why ecobee was born Before founding ecobee in 2007, Stuart Lombard was on a mission to reduce his family’s carbon footprint and save money. He found a lot of ways to conserve energy but most were complex and costly. However, he discovered that heating and cooling made up the majority of his home energy use. So, he tried a programmable thermostat. It turned out to be really complicated, even for someone with an engineering degree. And, unreliable. When Stuart and his family came home one winter day to find their house freezing, they'd had enough. He knew there had to be a better way and decided to build his own thermostat. A truly smart thermostat, that was easy to install, smart enough to deliver comfort, conserving energy and pay for itself in energy savings. That day, ecobee was born. We're on a mission We are focused on creating smarter wi-fi thermostats that are beautifully designed, easy to use, provide comfort and savings for families and are good for our planet.
Want to learn more about ecobee? Visit ecobee's website.
Recruiting Jobs For You
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, Thousand Oaks California, US
IRS - Accepting Resumes from Veteran Recruitment Appointment (...
U.S. Department of the Treasury, West Chester Ohio, US