Teachable, New York, NY
See jobs at Teachable
What You'll Do:
- Balance and prioritize multiple roles at once while ensuring an active, diverse, and healthy candidate pipeline across positions
- Lead the hiring efforts for our many of technical positions (engineering, product, product design, data, QA, technical operations, etc).
- Partner with hiring managers and department heads across our organization to deeply understand their needs and proactively build streamlined hiring processes
- Own the full cycle candidate experience from sourcing to offer and eventual hire
- Continue to build and promote Teachable’s employer brand online
- Inform best practices across our recruiting team while implementing scalable operations and systems across the broader People team
What We’re Looking for:
- 2+ years of work experience as a full cycle recruiter at either an agency or in-house.
- Systems builder who can launch new hiring practices while implementing creative solutions to identify and engage highly in demand talent
- Empathetic approach to building relationships based in trust and transparency with candidates and hiring managers
- Incredible organization and an innate hustle to get things done in time sensitive situations
- You are a team player, ready to help out across the organization
- Creative problem solving with an eye for improving processes
- Commitment to building a diverse and inclusive team
- Working knowledge of a modern ATS such as Greenhouse or Lever (we use Lever) + recruiting CRM tooling (we use Gem)
- Background in both agency and In-house recruiting
- Robust experience with diversity sourcing
- Experience with International hiring
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.