Funds Operations Associate
Recruiter.com, Santa Monica, CA
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
This L.A. based asset management and investment advisory firm is looking for a Fund Operations Associate to join their small, entrepreneurial, and intensely collaborative team. The Fund Operations Associate will assist with all fund operations for their hedge fund seeding and venture capital strategies and will be central to their efforts as they expand and scale.
What will you do?
- Venture Valuation. You'll help lead the quarterly valuation process on portfolio companies and assess financing and capitalization events to determine impact to fund performance and equity holdings. You will help develop and maintain fund performance modeling and investment attribution analysis for both internal and external reporting.
- Fund Accounting. You’ll work with the Operations Team and fund administrators on the monthly and quarterly NAV accounting for their hedge fund seeding and venture capital funds. This includes maintaining a shadow book to verify and approve the administrators’ calculations and participating in the valuation committee in determining valuations for venture portfolio companies. Additionally, you will work with the fund’s auditors to finalize the annual audited financials.
- Fund Operations. You’ll work with the team to plan and execute capital calls, perform cash reconciliations, manage fund wires and cash flows, and monitor and pay fund expenses.
- Fund Launches. You’ll assist with the operational aspects of launching new fund products and co-investment vehicles, including onboarding service providers, opening bank accounts, and coordinating with internal and external legal counsel on entity formation and fund documents.
- Hedge Fund Seeding. You’ll play an integral role in helping their hedge fund seeds launch and grow their businesses, leveraging your own expertise as well as that of seed investors to provide best practices to seed managers. Your expertise will also contribute to due diligence efforts on potential seeds.
What are you like?
- BS in Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Mathematics
- 5-7+ years’ experience at an asset management or audit firm. Hedge fund, VC, public accounting, and/or private equity experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills and analytical ability, good judgment, and a strong operational focus.
- The ability to work independently, mentor junior members of the team, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid experience with equity valuation modeling for a private company.
- Experience issuing and reviewing audited financials.
- This role must be onsite 3 days per week in their Santa Monica office.
- They currently require that all personnel and visitors to the office are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or wear a face covering. (Subject to any exemptions or accommodations due to medical or religious reasons).
Recruiter.com is disrupting the $120 billion recruiting and staffing industry by combining an AI and Video hiring platform with the world's largest network of over 27,500 small and independent recruiters. Businesses of all sizes recruit talent faster using the Recruiter.com platform, which is powered by virtual teams of Recruiters On Demand and Video and AI job-matching technology.