Venture Capital Investment Analyst
Recruiter.com, Santa Monica, CA
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
This L.A. based asset management and investment advisory firm is looking for an Investment Analyst to join their Santa Monica office. They are a team committed to building an elite fintech venture capital organization—and this position is a central part of their investment team. This is a role with significant day one responsibility and requires an organized, entrepreneurial mind who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are passionate about technology, a geek for financial services, and take pride in delivering excellence, they want you to join this company.
What will you do?
Sourcing. You will be the company's boots on the ground in Los Angeles and the broader fintech scene. You will carry their flag at every tech event you attend, and you will build relationships with startups and other investors along the way. You are a natural networker—you like meeting new people and you yourself are also quite likeable.
Tracking. You support the investment team in managing the investment pipeline through the systematic and deliberate tracking of companies and the wider fintech ecosystem. You’ll use the company's tech to track its deal flow, making sure they don’t miss the next great investment.
Analysis. From start to finish, you will be assisting in the process of evaluating potential transactions. You are a junkie for the next new idea and light up when listening to entrepreneurs share theirs. You look forward to building the detailed financial model of how one of their potential investments will actually make money. You are excited to crack the market sizing assumptions provided by entrepreneurs and unpack their assumptions. You are just cynical enough to recognize when a CEO hasn’t really figured it out, and confident enough to place a bet when you’re sure they have.
What are you like?
- 1-3 years’ work experience from an investment bank, management consulting firm, VC/PE firm, fintech startup or something else so great they can’t easily envision it.
- You are good at simply figuring things out. You don’t get thrown or flustered easily. You are an organizational wizard who makes everyone around you better – a lot better.
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail and display an unquestioned work ethic.
- Some domain knowledge of the financial services industry, but more importantly you have a genuine passion for both technology and financial services.
- You can run fast and make things happen on your own—this position will require you to be super-productive in a highly independent way.
- You’re a creative, speculative thinker who can envision how markets and industries might evolve.
- You maintain a commitment to honesty and holding yourself accountable to the highest standards.
Recruiter.com is disrupting the $120 billion recruiting and staffing industry by combining an AI and Video hiring platform with the world's largest network of over 27,500 small and independent recruiters. Businesses of all sizes recruit talent faster using the Recruiter.com platform, which is powered by virtual teams of Recruiters On Demand and Video and AI job-matching technology.