Senior Technical Sourcer
Elastic, Distributed, EMEA
Solving World Data Problems
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Interested in becoming a senior member of a globally distributed team of sourcers and recruiters? If you'd like to have an opportunity to use your creativity and help us find the best talent out there, read on!
We'd love to find a new colleague to help us develop and implement innovative sourcing strategies, and bring some fresh experience with research, identification, outreach, and candidate assessment. Building robust pipelines for our most impactful Engineering opportunities means way more than a simple Boolean search string, and you will get a chance to partner directly with our Engineering Leaders to help them find the outstanding new hires. To us, sourcing is about forging relationships: with your fellow recruiters, hiring managers, and, first and foremost, with a diverse pool of potential hires.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Act as the sourcing expert for our most sophisticated Engineering roles: you will understand the hiring needs, position requirements, and priorities of the teams.
- Interview prospective hires to assess their skill level and compatibility with Elastic culture
- Think out of the box to identify and develop a community of candidates for immediate and near-future hiring needs
- Build a diverse and representative talent pipelines at every step of the process
- Refine and lead recruiting and sourcing plan in close partnership with Recruiters, Business Leaders, and Hiring Managers
- Maintain accurate market and candidate information on our ATS and knowledge management system
What You Bring Along:
- 5+ years tech sourcing experience of high demand and niche technical/engineering profiles
- The expertise in direct sourcing and talent attraction strategies
- Up to date knowledge of new and innovative industry trends, tools, and techniques
- Experience driving relationships with both engineering teams and other recruiters
- Experience developing data-driven talent and market insights
Please note this is a distributed role: you can work from anywhere, as long as you're comfortable working from home or in a non-affiliated co-working space. We have offices in several cities, but this is not an office-based role as our teams are fully distributed, too. If you happen to be near an office and you want to use it, fantastic, you are always welcome, and we will have a desk ready for you!
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.