Director of Diversity Recruiting
MongoDB, Remote North America
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the North America.
We are looking for a Director of Diversity Recruiting to join our TA Leadership team and drive diversity recruiting best practices. This individual will be the key partner to our D&I Committee and will work closely with stakeholders to champion programs and initiatives to help influence how we attract and hire senior, underrepresented talent. This is an incredible opportunity to join MongoDB at an inflection point in our growth and drive sustainable, long term outcomes for further diversifying our organization. With strong commitment from executive leadership and full support from an eager and growing TA team already in place, there is a real foundation to tackle this critical part of the company’s overall success.
We’re looking for a business partner and thought leader who can clearly define diversity recruiting needs, build a strategy to tackle those efforts, and help the TA team and the business create a more inclusive and representative workforce. We’re looking for a true collaborator – partnering with HR Business partners, recruiting teams, hiring managers and executives to execute their diversity hiring strategy.
- Partner with the VP of TA, our D&I Committee and stakeholders to build an actionable strategy for diversity recruiting, including a specific focus on representation at the leadership level globally
- Partner with Business Unit leaders to set global diversity hiring objectives and goals
- Coach the recruiting and sourcing teams on inclusive strategies and best practices that will lend to diversifying our talent pool
- Create and execute a cadence of regular events and programming aligned to our annual diversity hiring goals and supplement hiring for underrepresented talent
- Identify, assess, select and manage partnerships with professional organizations that engage diverse talent in support of MongoDB’s business objectives
- Memorandum and documentation outlining: goals, strategic objectives, and approach for diversity recruiting
- Partner with recruiting and employee resource groups to create programming that enhances the diversity of our talent pool
- Partner with the Sourcing and Operations teams to implement internal protocols for events, post-event follow-up to track ROI and continually iterate based on data
- Work with the Inclusion and data analytics teams to identify, track and report key metrics of success using data
- Partner with employer branding to propose a DEI-focused approach
- Experience leading Diversity or Inclusion recruiting programs and initiatives for experienced and executive hiring in Sales, Go to Market, G&A and Engineering
- Relevant experience in program management, educating teams on inclusion and diversity, experience with recruiting
- Experience managing external vendors and negotiating contracts while balancing the priorities of internal stakeholders and budgets
- Advanced organizational and planning skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple events, tasks, and projects at once
- Using data to drive critical decisions and strategies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience managing projects that need support from multiple organizations: tech, L&D, legal, ERGs, marketing
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.