Technical Recruiter / Engineering Recruiter (Remote)
See jobs at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the position:
We're seeking an Engineering Recruiter who has a background in supporting and recruiting for engineering teams at either a small tech startup or a large successful technology company. You should have a strong understanding of newer technologies, complicated tech stacks, and coding languages, and have experience filling senior-level Engineering talent in a fast-paced environment.
To join our exceptional talent team, you should be well-versed in proactively sourcing and maintaining your own recruiting pipeline. This is a full-cycle recruiting position and you'll be responsible for every inch of the hiring process, from partnering with hiring managers, sourcing & screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and working with hiring teams to evaluate and extending offers. You will also be asked to facilitate and lead meetings with recruiting and hiring teams to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with interviewers, senior leadership, and key cross-functional stakeholders. You should have a strong understanding of the technology industry, have experience working with several hiring managers, and have experience filling roles across different departments in a fast-paced environment.
You should be well-versed in building and managing your own recruiting pipeline. This is a full-cycle recruiting position, and you'll be responsible for every inch of the hiring process, from sourcing & screening candidates to coordinating interviews, and working with the hiring team to evaluate and extend offers.
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process from kick-off meetings with hiring managers, to sourcing/screening to closing candidates across a broad range of engineering and product roles
- Proactively source top talent, gain candidate interest, and pitch candidates on Foursquare's mission and core values
- Special talent and/or HR-related projects as needed
- Oversee and manage a detail-oriented process, ensuring no conversation or open position slips through the cracks and provide "white-glove service" to all candidates
- Effectively communicate and negotiate all pieces of an offer package
- Establish and build trust with hiring teams and important stakeholders to maintain a great working relationship
- A minimum of 2+ years experience managing a full-cycle recruitment process for Engineering talent
- Experience working for a fast-paced, tech startup or similar experience and partnering with senior leadership and management teams on hiring initiatives
- Knowledgeable of complex technical stacks, engineering infrastructure, and general engineering recruitment best practices
- Ability to write complex search queries and boolean search strings for sourcing across multiple platforms
- Ability to deliver complex offer packages, including Stock Option terminology and negotiation tactics
Perks and benefits:
- Learning and development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About us Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through a deep understanding of location intelligence. Every month, more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide app, Foursquare Swarm check-in app and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. Our community of explorers have left 91 million tips and checked in 12 billion times. Foursquare’s Places API powers location data for Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter, Uber, Airbnb and 100,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success. Foursquare has over 250 employees based in New York headquarters and offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Singapore. Foursquare is proud to be funded by Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more. U.S. offices New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles International offices London, Singapore