Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role
Integrated to Trainline’s strategic goals and motivated to contribute to business success, our experienced Talent Acquisition function is focused on finding amazing hires. As a business, we are in super high growth mode in the UK & Europe, and this creates lots of visibility and impact for the team. For us, it’s as much about attitude to hiring and agility as it is about identifying and attracting the right person into the role at the right time.
As Talent Acquisition Manager, you will work closely with the Commercial & Corporate teams – including Brand, Comms, Sales, Finance and Legal as well as wider functions - to grow our London HQ and international business. Your exceptional stakeholder management will be key to your success, and you will be expected to build strong relationships with squad or team leads educating the business on the talent market and hiring. In this broad, exciting role, you’ll operate at all strata of our business from C-suite to entry level whilst playing a critical part in expediting our exciting, ambitious expansion plans- we have a long-established office footprint in London, Edinburgh and Paris, opened in Milan last year, and are about to go live in Barcelona…and we are not stopping there!
Our bench strength in direct hiring is well developed, and the team build and refine engaging, creative attraction strategies to draw out both passive and active candidates. We regularly share our unique sourcing tips and tricks as a team as we’re committed to finding the very best talent in the market, and we invest strongly in world-class training to augment and enhance this expertise. The focus here is on quality - you will be expected to hire through direct channels with limited agency support, and bring with you a strong digital network. We have a quality first, fast-paced recruitment approach, and you will support end-to-end hiring whilst owning the pipelining for succession planning and backfilling.
The Talent Acquisition team has built a reputation for excellence beyond pure hiring over recent years. In particular, we are renowned for our meetup events, building communities in hard-to-fill areas that have spotlighted our progressive, authentic culture and market leading expertise. Whether your wider passions lie with events such as these, the diversity & inclusion agenda, innovative ideas for social content or enhancing our colourful employer brand, we’ll provide you with the runway to deliver beyond pure hiring making projects part of the day-to-day make up of your role and supporting you to shine!
We’re proud of the energised, collaborative, high performing culture we’ve developed in Talent Acquisition. Without doubt, this is a truly career defining role for someone passionate about recruitment and driven to deliver outstanding results looking for an opportunity to play a key part in disrupting and defining a product that is changing the way we travel by inspiring millions people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices every day.
What you will bring
We’re looking for creative big thinkers with small egos to achieve our ambitious plans. Most importantly, you’ll be solution orientated, in-house Recruiter with a proven track record of delivering world-class hires. You’ll be used to working within a fast-paced business, and it would be ideal if you come from the Technology sector or have worked in a business with a strong digital footprint.
Other experience we require includes:
- In-depth experience of recruiting across a breadth of non-tech areas, applying cutting edge, innovative techniques to deliver market leading talent
- An expertise in headhunting, mapping and direct sourcing using tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter combined with strong Boolean searching skills, and you should bring a clear vision of what great talent looks like as well as how to find and attract it
- A curiosity, pragmaticism and intelligence, with a focus on achieving great results whilst ensuring that you consult with stakeholders and can effectively do so at a senior level
- An eye for detail and a natural, data focused mindset when hiring to budget
- An influential communication style, and a highly collaborative approach - through your expertise, you will add great value in how you recruit and manage tomorrow’s talent
- An ability to work with pace and flexibility, combining tenacity with rigour and sound judgment
- A genuine, authentic and empathetic personal style – we have an enviable values-based culture, and are looking for you to bring your whole self to work!
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday +2 extra days at Christmas
- Free private medical and dental insurance for you and your family (you just pay the tax on what you choose!)
- Life assurance & income protection
- Good pension scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Charity leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free breakfast everyday and fruit galore!
- Yoga Mondays
- Salsa classes
- Board Game nights
....and many more
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.