Communities & Events Recruiting Manager
CB Insights, New York, NY or Remote
Software that predicts technology trends.
Make connections. Build relationships. Host amazing events.
The Role You’ll Play:
Community Development managers are responsible for establishing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with senior executives at Fortune 1000 companies, investment firms and industry advisors. You will own a portfolio of vertical and role-based communities and will recruit senior technology decision-makers and influencers to be part of the communities and to attend our events. Community Development Managers also work closely with content experts to develop compelling event programs that feature relevant CB Insights research and opportunities to connect with peers, innovative technology companies, and potential partners.
About the Community & Ecosystem Team
The CB Insights Community & Ecosystem team develops innovative ways to connect our network of clients with each other so that they can share knowledge, consummate deals and advance their careers and companies. Our clients span Fortune 1000 executives to technology company founders to venture capitalists to investment bankers and more.
Your Main Tasks:
- Build and maintain portfolio of role-based communities for senior technology decision-makers and influencers
- Recruit prominent executives to serve as Charter Advisors for each community; engage regularly with them to guide and advise the program
- Drive attendance to the communities’ events, achieving attendance quotas and seniority targets through phone calls, emails, and virtual and in-person meetings
- Serve as the face of CB Insights to community members, leveraging exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Partner with content team to build compelling events, serving as the advocate for community members and representing their needs and interests
- Partner with Sales to ensure sponsor entitlements are fulfilled at each event
- Ensure the participant experience is excellent across all segments, including both buy-side and sell-side roles
In this role, you will not only learn something new every day, but also build an incredible and lasting network of industry leaders, founders, and venture capitalists from across a diverse set of industries and from around the world.
What you bring to the table:
- Outstanding track record of building meaningful relationships with senior executives
- Compelling and charismatic communicator with demonstrated ability to build enthusiasm for new products/offerings
- Demonstrated ability to achieve ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding organization, planning, project management, and prioritization skills; able to manage workflow for multiple events with overlapping timelines
- Thoughtful listener; able to discern critical needs across a variety of client types and identify ways to add value
- Entrepreneurial mindset including high tolerance for ambiguity, experimentation and change; experience working with startups a plus
- High EQ, with demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- BA/BS required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
You’ll be successful here if:
- You are passionate about connecting people
- You have a growth mindset and are comfortable with experimentation, iteration and change
- You are resourceful, creative and tenacious in facing challenges
- You take an owner’s approach to your communities, prioritizing based on what needs to be done not just what has been assigned to you
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- You are motivated by work that directly impacts the company’s success
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
About CB Insights
CB Insights has built a tech market intelligence platform that analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news media to predict technology trends.