DoorDash, Melbourne, Australia
On-demand delivery empowering local economies
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to help scale our business in Australia. The DoorDash Australia Recruiting Team is helping to build DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner closely with hiring teams locally and across the globe to define and enable diverse recruiting strategies that attract amazing people to DoorDash.
About the Role
We're growing rapidly and we're looking for a Senior Recruiter to join our team and help us scale our core business, and expand into new categories. This is a rare opportunity to both scale and build teams, partner closely with the hiring managers to create proactive recruiting strategies, and act as a thought partner to our business leaders to help them grow their teams in a thoughtful, diverse way.
You're excited about this opportunity because…
- You're creative in your approach to recruiting - you can use non-traditional methods of recruiting talent and love the hunt for the right person
- You place great importance on candidate experience both for candidates and hiring managers demonstrating skills with follow-through, response times and providing feedback
- You're metrics-driven - you use data to help guide and inform your recruiting decisions
- You're an owner - motivated and quick to take drive things forward
- You're growth-minded - eager to expand your skills and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- You have a desire for impact - you're ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- You're humble and self-aware - you're able to talk about things that didn't go well and see growth as the ability to learn from mistakes
We're excited about you because…
- You have full-cycle Recruiting experience, with an ability to support multiple business functions
- You will be the face of DoorDash to our amazing candidates
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, complex environment - we learn new things every day and we build as we go
- You are bold - you're solutions oriented and a creative problem solver; you promote experimentation and approach challenges with openness and a willingness to improve
- You are obsessed with quality - you love the search for the right talent; you're unwavering in hiring to a high bar of quality and you are motivated to take ownership
- You are optimistic: you're energised about getting to the cause of issues and coming up with creative solutions; you're self aware and able to address and talk about situations that didn't go well; you see growth as learning from mistakes.
- You are thoughtful: you place great importance on candidate experience; you show hiring managers and candidates respect through the recruiting process and you have high EQ
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
At DoorDash, we’re working to connect more businesses to more people. We want to shrink every city by bringing people anything—faster, fresher, and from farther away. And we’re doing it everyday: from prep-times to traffic to weather, we’ve innovated a groundbreaking approach to delivery that factors in all the elements that come between people and their products. We want to be the shortest distance between every local store and people’s doors. We’re breaking down the art of delivery to a perfect science – one order at a time.