Nylas, Remote (United States)
Billions of people. Trillions of connections. One API.
What You'll Do
- Be an Advocate. You will advocate for both candidates and hiring managers. While advocating for candidates, you will help them feel comfortable and excited, showing them the true Nylas way! While advocating for hiring managers, you will help them understand the process and hire quickly and effectively.
- Be proactive. Don’t wait for others to tell you how to do things or what to do. You will find success in this role by pushing things forward, asking questions, and accomplishing tasks. Don’t ask for permission, ask for forgiveness!
- Get Creative. Recruiting is competitive! It’s more important now than ever before to get creative and think outside the box to get candidates interested. Ask the right questions, and try things you’ve never done before.
- Be Bold. Recruiting can bring about uncomfortable conversations at times. Don’t be afraid to ask the big questions, and get the hard conversations out of the way, whether with candidates or hiring managers.
- Use Data. Use the data to discover what is and isn’t working. Being at a startup means we can change things quickly. Use the data to figure out where we can tweak things to make our processes better.
- Be Flexible. Being at a startup means that things change quickly, and all the time. When this happens, don’t forget to go with the flow, and have fun with it - it’s all part of startup life.
- Ask Questions. Question things! It’s our job to make Nylas better with awesome people. Don’t be afraid to question hiring managers, or processes. What could we be doing better?
- Be Accountable. We all make mistakes… we’re human! Own it, and let’s all move on.
What You'll Bring
- You have 3+ years of recruiting experience in the US (startup experience is a major plus!)
- You are self-motivated and driven; you look for solutions and impact, without being asked twice
- You are curious to dig deeper beyond the surface level of a job profile researching market trends, domain technology, and seek out information to have a solid understanding of the business.
- You are motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- You have the ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- You have a proven track record of success in building strong partnerships with G&A teams and stakeholders
- You are capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- You have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- You have a curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
We’re a small tight-knit crew building the future of email. Our Mission The world of email is broken. Old protocols, obscure data formats, and fragmented standards have left developers frustrated. We want to change that, by creating a modern API for email, contacts, and calendar. Our mission is to build elegant products for large complex systems. Our Values We believe in people. Creative, smart people who help each other do their best and be their best. We respect and trust each other. We feel the same about our end users, customers, and developers. People at Nylas work hard and are given lots of responsibility, with an extremely high bar for excellence. It’s expected that individuals own projects end-to-end and ship quickly with lots of autonomy. We value communication, accountability, inclusion, intellectual rigor, and positivity.