Junior Technical Sourcer
Monzo, Remote (US)
We're building a bank, together
We’re looking for a Technical Sourcer who will successfully manage, prioritize and close Engineering-specific searches against a timeline. As our first full-time sourcer, you’ll support our exciting growth plans in the US. You thrive in a self-driven, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and can roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done, as we expand into our first international market.
Monzo is the lead challenger bank in the UK. In the last few years, we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 5 million people (10% of UK adults) have a Monzo account. We’ve raised over $1 billion from YCombinator, Stripe, Coatue, Eric Schmidt, Mike Moritz and others - most recently at a $4.5bn valuation. Our competitive advantage is that we operate like a tech company in a space where software has not yet eaten the world - for example, we built our own core banking system from scratch! We’re just getting started in the US, but our mission is the same – we think that banking should be better.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We want to build a bank that works for everyone, so we encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support our internal recruiters by building a pipeline of top candidates - primarily for engineering roles
- Research and source candidates that fit the technical and cultural requirements of each role with a focus on both hiring speed and quality
- Attention to detail is key - Maintain records with accuracy in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and maintain high data integrity
- Conduct research to understand the competitive landscape
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact recruiting strategy
- Regularly track information regarding candidate pipelines, recruiting funnel metrics, and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Curiosity for Technology
- Ability to forge partnerships with hiring managers and internal recruiters
- Tenacity to find the right match
- Can handle ambiguity in times of change management
- Enjoy a challenge, as well as tough searches
- Appreciate the importance and challenge of building a diverse team
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with a search firm, agency or in-house recruiting team
1+ years of experience:
- Applying sourcing best practices, sourcing for diverse candidates and using sourcing as a tool to help drive talent acquisition initiatives
- Working in a team environment, managing multiple staffing priorities and providing strong consultative skills to our business teams throughout the search process
- Hands-on experience with ATS, preferably Linkedin Recruiter, Greenhouse, etc
- Using Boolean Search, CRM Tools, LinkedIn, Indeed resume, etc
- Agency and/or in-house sourcing experience in one or more of the following areas: Technology, Engineering, FinTech
- Proven track record of successfully identifying and hiring exceptional candidates in high-growth environments
Our interview process consists of 3-4 interviews conducted via Google Meets (potentially in-person in San Francisco if you are local!), including conversations with our Recruiting and People Ops teams, as well as Product and Engineering leaders. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!
We support full remote work from anywhere in the US. We also have an office in downtown SF, where we optionally meet twice a week for meetings, teamwork and socializing.
- 🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 💲 Competitive salary
- 📈 Stock Options
- 💰 Generous 401k with 4% employer contribution
- 🏝 32 days of vacation and public holidays per year (and we require that you take all of your days each year as we believe that well rested employees are more effective!)
- Maternity / Paternity leave
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- 3 month paid sabbatical if you've been with us for 4 years (currently a pilot program)
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone, and that’s built for the way we live today. By solving your problems, treating you fairly and being totally transparent, we believe that we can make banking better. Since we started in February 2015, we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We received our full UK banking licence from the FCA and PRA in April 2017, and are now working hard to roll current accounts out to everyone in the UK. Download the app today to join the 400,000 customers using our hot coral cards to manage their money and spend around the world.