Technical Recruiting Manager
Gusto, SF, DEN, NYC, Remote
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
Gusto is looking for a Technical Recruiting Manager to come join us and help build our Engineering organization to and through our next phase of growth!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
We have been and (continue to) experience big growth as a company, and we’re looking for an experienced manager to join Gusto’s growing business recruiting team to help support this growth. You’ll empower, lead, develop, and collaborate with a talented team of recruiters and sourcers focused on building and fueling Gusto’s customer facing teams. You’ll partner closely with leaders in our Customer Experience and Revenue organizations to meet hiring targets and continue to grow and refine our hiring strategy and process.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing team of recruiters and/or sourcers
- Partner closely with business partners to understand their hiring objectives and develop recruiting strategies to strategically meet headcount & hiring goals
- Partner with key stakeholders to anticipate future talent needs and drive proactive sourcing and closing strategies
- Set team performance goals and metrics, & setting a tracking process to measure and manage progress
- Continue to build and iterate on our process as we evolve our high-volume recruiting process from req-based management to an evergreen engine
- Partner with stakeholders and cross-functional partners to continue to build and iterate on our DEI strategy
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional projects and initiatives related to hiring
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5 - 8+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, preferably in a high-growth tech environment
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience within a recruiting organization
- Operational Leader skilled in process improvement and implementation
- Ability to motivate, inspire and instill trust in a team of high performers
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion advocate with experience building diverse team
- Flexible and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Bold and self-aware, clear communicator
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $105,000 - $160,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $128,000 - $190,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Gusto Founded in 2011, Gusto provides payroll, benefits and HR to modern companies. We have offices in San Francisco and Denver, but thanks to our 40,000 small business customers and their employees, there’s a little piece of us in all 50 states. We believe that humans aren’t resources. When we come to work, we don’t leave our humanity at the door. We bring life with us: our feats and friendships, our adventures and aspirations. Great businesses treat us like people, not ID numbers. When that happens, work becomes a source of energy rather than fatigue. It creates a virtuous cycle where life improves work, and work improves our lives. That’s why we started Gusto. Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.