Director of Business Recruiting
BetterUp, Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote)
See jobs at BetterUp
At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that precede health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As the Director of Business Recruiting, you will partner closely with our Chief of Talent to build and execute a talent acquisition strategy that aligns to BetterUp’s mission, values, and long term business objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Build talent acquisition strategy, roadmap, and execution plan that ties to BetterUp’s roadmap and business objectives, including determining organizational and process design for the GTM & Corporate organizations
- Partner with and build strong relationships with the executive team and finance to forecast hiring needs, and consult on recruiting strategies to mitigate or avoid any potential points of failure as BetterUp scales
- Hire, manage, guide, and mentor recruiting team members
- Develop recruiting short and long term strategies that ensure an ongoing pipeline of top, diverse talent across key talent segments
- Present status updates and make recommendations to senior leadership on recruiting strategies
- Drive vision for employer branding efforts and strategy
- Drive accountability for an efficient, dynamic full-cycle recruiting process
- Create and implement workforce planning/reporting on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness, manage capacity and provide actionable insights
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Experience in leading a non-technical recruiting team focused on results that thrive in a rapidly changing, and competitive environment
- Strong previous recruiting experience, and familiarity with the tools and systems including Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter and Workday
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to identify metrics and data to back up your strategy and ideas, along with strong executive presence and storytelling skill set
- Extensive experience partnering with a distributed workforce preferred
- Ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of an organization and proven success working cross-functionally with key leaders in various departments
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing business priorities (startup experience is a bonus!)
- Passion for innovative sourcing and Talent Acquisition techniques with a focus on driving amazing experience to both hiring managers and candidates
- Experience implementing large scale programs and policies to elevate recruiting teams and hiring experience
- Resilience and forward-thinking approach required!
- 10+ years of talent acquisition experience preferred (global expansion is a plus!)
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing talent strategy and teams preferred
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.