Recruiting Coordinator (temp to perm)
Harry’s, New York, NY
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price
Harry’s is adding a new Recruiting Coordinator to our growing People team! This person will play a key role in helping us hire the best talent for Harry’s. Our Recruiting Coordinators work closely with recruiters, hiring managers and interviewers to provide an amazing candidate experience. Whether it’s an initial screen, an exercise stage, or the “virtual” onsite step, they’ve got it covered.
This person will be required to come into our Soho office a minimum of 2 days per week, as per company policy (lunch, snacks, and coffee provided!)
NOTE: this role is a full-time temporary position, with the opportunity for permanent hire based on performance and business needs
About the Team
The Recruiting Team works to build and support the Harry's team at large in innovative ways. We have developed a robust hiring philosophy and thoughtful processes that provide the backbone for us to scale with the growing Harry's team. The Recruiting team recruits for all brands under the Harry’s umbrella (Flamingo, Cat Person, and Headquarters), and internationally as well (we also have offices in the UK and Canada!)
We’re currently made up of four Recruiters (two of which you will support), in addition to two RC’s. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, humble, and curious people-loving-person to join us!
About the Role
As a Recruiting Coordinator, you will support the recruiting function and play a critical role in building the Harry's team. You will support two Recruiters in guiding candidates through the recruiting process by coordinating onsite (virtually, these days) and video interviews, ensuring each person has a seamless experience. Additionally, you will support the recruiting function overall by owning key projects such as employer branding, driving the candidate referral program, and more!
What you will accomplish:
- Coordinate and communicate schedules for all interviews in multiple time zones with speed, efficiency, and all loose ends tied up
- Create a positive experience for every candidate and all internal stakeholders
- Act as the primary point-of-contact on interview days for both the candidate and interviewers, escalating roadblocks to the Recruiters; professionally and efficiently handling all scheduling changes and any other glitches that occur (it happens)
- Coordinate and act as scribe at all post-interview debriefs
- Take ownership and pride in getting candidates in as quickly as possible and pushing back on interview teams, when needed
- Support the Recruiting team in achieving our best in class DEI initiatives
- Ensure all recruiting process materials are up to date and accurately reflect our process
- Take ownership of our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) and other tools
- Create job posts and ensure postings are accurate and clear
- Utilize Prelude to schedule interviews
- Participate and execute on adhoc recruiting projects
This should describe you:
- 0-1 years of experience, with an interest in Recruiting/HR
- Detail oriented - you make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- Insanely organized - you have lists, systems, and processes to keep everything around you running smoothly
- Proactively flags inconsistencies, roadblocks, and challenges
- You have strong written communication skills and feel confident in your ability to work independently and communicate through email and other online platforms
- Positive and upbeat - you convey positive energy and warmth instantly
- Team player and candidate-oriented mindset
- Calm under pressure - you know how to prioritize and creatively problem solve, exhaust all possible options, and act with a constant sense of urgency
- You are a curious learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the processes around you, and not afraid to ask questions
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- Strong desire to wear many hats and grow within the Recruiting/People function
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to a Recruiter on the team
- The Recruiting Team to manage the hiring of the Harry's Team at large, and to support and improve the recruiting process
- Hiring managers and interviewers to ensure that they are prepared for interviews
- Candidates to make sure that they have an amazing experience
- The People Team to provide input on people-related processes and programs (i.e. onboarding, training, etc.)
- The Harry's Team more broadly to support our exciting growth
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, and expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse. We have also launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, and Headquarters, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē!
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harry's is an evolved shaving company built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave.
Want to learn more about Harry’s? Visit Harry’s's website.
Recruiting Jobs For You
Diversity Recruitment Senior Associate, Career Prep Fellows Pr...
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, San Francisco Bay Area
Technical Recruiter (Contract)
Flexport, Bellevue, WA; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles...