On site Recruiter
RPO Organization, San Jose, CA , Columbus, NE, Sandy, UT, Plainfield, IN and Sumter, SC
Work at RPO Organization
- Lead a detailed job scope meeting with the hiring leader to determine position specifications, providing relevant market data and recommendations on possible approaches to the search or candidate requirements.
- Review of candidates who have applied via the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Evaluate candidate qualifications against position requirements and determine who to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Develop and manage recruitment marketing plans or sourcing plans to determine the most appropriate candidate sources that align to the search requirements.
- Source candidates via resume databases, search engine and networking sites using Boolean search language.
- Solicit and pursue referrals from business networks and/or internal referrals.
- Utilize proprietary software for mobile and email campaigning to talent communities.
- Use an appropriate mix of media to connect with talent communities (phone, email, social media, etc.).
- Articulate value proposition to candidates who are interested in the job opportunity.
- Prepare candidates for interviews, coaching them on logistical information, interview schedule, appropriate attire and overall expectations.
- Ensure candidates are provided with timely updates concerning the status of their applications and interviews.
- Draft and utilize phone interview templates appropriate to the job description.
- Use independent judgement to compare candidate phone interview notes and skills assessments with position requirements to determine if the candidate is a match for the role or a potential match for other open positions.
- Issue skills testing as needed and evaluate results (if process dictates).
- Review background and reference information (if process dictates).
Influencing the Hire:
- Keep candidates engaged throughout process, ensuring consistent communication on the status of the search.
- Partner with hiring leader to determine offer details, using market data and compensation guidelines to support recommendations.
- Articulate a job offer to candidate and drive for candidate acceptance, anticipating and negotiating counter-offers as appropriate.
- Strict adherence to all regulations (OFCCP and all other compliance standards set forth).
- Work to deliver a strong candidate slate, continuously building talent pipelines to ensure there are multiple qualified candidates in play at all times.
- Provide accurate and regular reporting of recruiting activities to the hiring leader and leadership to depict both metrics and efforts.
- Identify perceived difficulties with searches and research and recommend solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively and regularly communicate the status of each search to the hiring leader, providing a consultative approach with recommendations on how to move forward.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in business, management, human resources or related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two or more years’ recruiting experience with demonstrated successes in a corporate, RPO or agency setting. Experience using recruitment technologies such as Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and social media tools.
- Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficient in Boolean search techniques for sourcing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of common Human Resources principles, practices and metrics related to talent acquisition.